A quick, tasty and healthy breakfast dish. Perfect for a lazy weekend morning!
- Mix yogurt, green chillies, salt, red chilli, turmeric, garam masala and ajwain in gram flour.
- Add enough water to make it a paste which can be spread on a frying pan (just like a pancake mixture).
- Heat the frying pan on medium burner. Grease the pan with some cooking oil. Pour a portion of mixture on the pan and spread in a circular manner (like pancake).
- Top the spread with chopped onion, tomato and coriander. One can add grated cheese optionally.
- When the pancake starts leaving the pan, flip it over to cook top side. You will see brown previous underside now on top.
- Flip it again after 2 minutes. Ensure that onion and tomato pieces are cooked. "Chilla" is ready to serve.
- Serve with a coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
Adding cheese or paneer can give an enhanced taste. If you are adding cheese, then add cheese only after both sides of pancake are already cooked. Otherwise cheese will get burned during cooking.